ORTHOsoft

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem ?

Please reply by mail.

Thanks,
Dominic Picard
navi...@orthosoft.ca

Dave Olson

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
ORTHOsoft <navi...@orthosoft.ca> writes:

| I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
| The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
| from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
| magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
| two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.

It's certainly doable, particularly for GE. But you need their file
formats. Since you are presumably obtaining confidential patient
data in the process, you must have authorization to do this through
some contract, and therefore should have contacts at GE and Siemens.
Ask them for the file format info.
--

Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics
http://reality.sgi.com/olson ol...@sgi.com

nick phillips

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
In article <6pvogk$e...@gazette.engr.sgi.com>, ol...@anchor.engr.sgi.com
(Dave Olson) wrote:

> ORTHOsoft <navi...@orthosoft.ca> writes:
>
> | I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
> | The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
> | from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
> | magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
> | two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.
>
> It's certainly doable, particularly for GE. But you need their file
> formats. Since you are presumably obtaining confidential patient
> data in the process, you must have authorization to do this through
> some contract, and therefore should have contacts at GE and Siemens.
> Ask them for the file format info.

I think they are unlikely to give it to you. Possibly easier is to connect
a PC/Mac with a Jaz drive to the scanner on the local network and FTP it
off the scanner.Then put the Jaz on the O2. It may well be cheaper than
getting the MO drive file format sorted.

Nick Phillips
Neurosurgeon
Leeds General Infirmary

Dave Olson

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
nich...@synaptic.demon.co.uk (nick phillips) writes:
| > | I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
| > | The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
| > | from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
| > | magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
| > | two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.
| >
| > It's certainly doable, particularly for GE. But you need their file
| > formats. Since you are presumably obtaining confidential patient
| > data in the process, you must have authorization to do this through
| > some contract, and therefore should have contacts at GE and Siemens.
| > Ask them for the file format info.
|
| I think they are unlikely to give it to you. Possibly easier is to connect
| a PC/Mac with a Jaz drive to the scanner on the local network and FTP it
| off the scanner.Then put the Jaz on the O2. It may well be cheaper than
| getting the MO drive file format sorted.

They certainly won't give it to anybody who doesn't have some reasonable
need and authorization, because of the confidentiality issue, among
other things. Nonetheless, I know that it is possible to get the file
format info under the right conditions.

Yes, if the data is still on the MRI or CT controller (Mac, PC, or assorted
SGI systems, among others), ftp might be possible/reasonable.

Lizann Bolinger

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
In article <6q32tg$1o...@gazette.engr.sgi.com>, ol...@anchor.engr.sgi.com
(Dave Olson) wrote:

The details on what you need will also depend on which version of the
scanner the data came from. Many of the old scanners had Pioneer drives
which can only read Pioneer disks. The newer scanners went to a more
commonly used drive which the MaxOptix can read. Also, the newer scanners
now use Dicom formatted images. As for the disk format and image file
formats, if they are Dicom, it is usually version 3.0 otherwise, Dave is
correct, you should contact the companies to get the information. In
general, they will be helpful if you are not in direct competition with
them. It is not usually easy to just ftp the data from the disk since it
is stored inside a database. There are ways to extract it from the
database but that again requires permission from the company. It is best
to contact GE and Siemens to find out the information you want. Sites
that know how to do this are operating under a nondisclosure agreement
with the companies. You will have to sign such a document before you can
have that information ase well.

ORTHOsoft

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Dave Olson wrote:

> | > It's certainly doable, particularly for GE. But you need their file
> | > formats. Since you are presumably obtaining confidential patient
> | > data in the process, you must have authorization to do this through
> | > some contract, and therefore should have contacts at GE and Siemens.
> | > Ask them for the file format info.
> |

> They certainly won't give it to anybody who doesn't have some reasonable

> need and authorization, because of the confidentiality issue, among
> other things. Nonetheless, I know that it is possible to get the file
> format info under the right conditions.
>
> Yes, if the data is still on the MRI or CT controller (Mac, PC, or assorted
> SGI systems, among others), ftp might be possible/reasonable.
> --
>
> Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics
> http://reality.sgi.com/olson ol...@sgi.com

I think the solution is to use dslib to read the MO Disk directly
without mounting it. After I will need to know the file formats of GE
and Siemens to convert the files in another format. Ftp is no possible
because there's no network from the radiology to the OP rooms.

P.S. We have authorization to read those data. We use the scans to do 3D
reconstruction for Computer Guided Surgery.
--

Dominic Picard
navi...@orthosoft.ca

maman...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2017, 12:12:30 AM11/15/17
Pada Jumat, 31 Juli 1998 00.00.00 UTC-7, ORTHOsoft menulis:
> I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
> The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
> from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
> magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
> two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.
>
> Does anybody know a solution to this problem ?
>
> Please reply by mail.
>
> Thanks,
> Dominic Picard
> navi...@orthosoft.ca

i need MOD ct scan,can help me?where i can buy it thank you

corn

Nov 20, 2017, 12:16:01 PM11/20/17
On 11/15/2017 8:12 AM, maman...@gmail.com wrote:
> Pada Jumat, 31 Juli 1998 00.00.00 UTC-7, ORTHOsoft menulis:
>> I'm trying to find a way of loading scan data onto an SGI O2 machine.
>> The data is obtained from both MRI & CT scanners, mainly Siemens and GE
>> from various hospitals. I would like to be able to hook up a
>> magneto-optical drive to the SGI which will read the mo disks. I have
>> two MO Drive, a Pioneer and a MaxOptix.

> i need MOD ct scan,can help me?where i can buy it thank you

Do you need the software? You could try places that sell MRI machines
with SGIs, such as
https://www.amberusa.com/equipment/mri/open/toshiba-opart-35t to see if
they'll sell you an SGI with the software. There's a little bit of GE
info at the bottom of http://rsl.stanford.edu/research/software.html.
http://www.mri.jhmi.edu/DivMRRes/facilities.htm claims to still use
SGIs, you could try their Contact Us link to see if anyone can tell you
who made the software.

For the MO hardware and setup,
http://triton.iqfr.csic.es/guide/man/instguide/chap6-7-3.htm
http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=10276