Free Will inside the multiverse.

Leo Vuyk

Dec 12, 2008, 4:38:05 AM12/12/08
Free Will inside the multiverse.
Benjamin Libet measured the so called electric Readines Potential (RP)
time to perform a volitional act, in the brains of his students and
the time of conscious awareness (TCA) of that act, which appeared to
come 500 msec behind the RP. The “volitional act” was the by free
choice pressing on an electric bell button.
see:
http://skeptically.org/spiritualism/id11.html

The results of this experiment gives still an ongoing debate in the
broad layers of the scientific community, because the results are
still (also in recent experiments) in firm contrast with the expected
idea of Free Will and causality.
We would expect that based on causality the Time of Conscious
Awareness (TCA) ALWAYS comes before the electric RP, which is found to
be present in our head because this would be the proof that we humans
are equipped with the free will to press on the button at the moment
WE are also conscious to do that!!!.
HOWEVER Libet (and later all other researchers) measured the opposite
for most of the students. Only a FEW students reported to have
“PREPLANNED their ACTION” (RPI in the next figure)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ArDoWzECXSo/SIi5189lBhI/AAAAAAAAAq0/DEFA0FAQbBY/s1600-h/LIBET+PERCENTAGES+2.jpg

A causal but weird Multiverse solution.
If we assume that we are living inside one of the 12 postulated copy
universes, which are each others observer by “mutual entanglement” to
trigger randomly and alternating the collapse of the copy
wavefunctions, (thus also to trigger a volitional act, like Libet's
subjects) in the other 11 universes.

Then as a consequence, we may expect that only a small part of the
students will report to have had the conscious intention to act
earlier. Thus in the case of 12 entangled universes we may expect that
1/12 part or 8,3 % of all (human) timing of conscious intention to
act, will show a reversed timing sequence between the so called Time
of conscious awareness (TCA) which will come BEFORE the electric
Readiness Potential (RP).
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ArDoWzECXSo/SIi5189lBhI/AAAAAAAAAq0/DEFA0FAQbBY/s1600-h/LIBET+PERCENTAGES+2.jpg

Indications of those percentages, are already found by Judy Trevena
and Jeff Miller (Otago university NZ). See:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12191935&dopt=Abs

-------------------------------------
The Benjamin Libet percentage results of pre-planning (RPII) are very
poor quantified in his and later experiments.
Reason to do it again with more precision on the readiness potential
percentage differences between RPI and RPII..

If humans are entangled cooperating decision makers inside the
postulated 8 or 12 entangled but separated universes, then for every
decision we need always only one preplanning test-person who pre-plans
his choice. The other 7 or 11 test copy-persons are only able to
follow OR REJECT this decision.

As a result we may be able to measure (in the future) the number of
copy universes involved, by counting the average percentages of
preplanning persons in test situation like the Libet test..
For 12 universes the RPI percentage will be 100/12=8,3%. For 8
universes RP I will be 12,5% For RP II it will be 91,7 respectively
87,5%

Leo Vuyk.
http://bigbang-entanglement.blogspot.com/