audio tools/samples on Fuel Irix

David

Mar 30, 2010, 9:53:39 AM3/30/10
Even loading every free audio tool I can find, how would these compare
to the tools in a Kurzweil controller/sound box like the K2661? It
would seem to me that the larger screen size of a computer would be a
tremendous help compared to that little screen on the 2661 or equivalent.

Also, as Kurzweil has the most outstanding instrument samples in the
world, are there any equivalent sound (fonts?) in the Irix/Linux world
that compare favorably?

My major goal is to download midi files (maybe even write a few lol) and
play them such that they sound just like the real thing.

I'm rather new to computer audio. Have played with it before in the
PC/Winblows world but not to any depth.

(also have 4d420, SkyWriter, Indy, and Indigo2 if they will be better
than the Fuel but they all need repair.)

Thanks, folks.
David M.