Suppress report page when printing ?

ng906

Nov 11, 2009, 6:08:09 PM11/11/09

Hi to all the SGI printing experts !

I recently installed a network printer (hp 2100) on my IRIX 6.5
workstation (protocol: non-SGI, a standard LPR/BSD)

I had no problem setting the interface, and I was immediately able to
print a test page and to print through the command line (using lp).

The real problem is that any printing-job is _followed_ by a
report/trailer page with these four rows:
User: ...
Host: ...
Class: ...
Job: ...

I tried almost everything to prevent this report to be printed: only, I
can't open the "option" menu on the printer setup since apparently I
haven't install the "Impressario" program.
I also discovered that it isn't the "lp" program adding the trailer but is
the netprint itself (I added a postscript file in the print spool then I
invoked netprint from the command line, bypassing the lp mechanism, and
the problem was the same); so apparently my netprint program creates and
sends a report page.

Any ideas ?

TIA
-e