SABnzbd

nelso...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2023, 9:18:19 PM12/27/23
I am unable (due to near noobee) to install sabnzbd on bookworm. (Dependency problems of packages withheld). Can someone please give me very specific instructions on what to do to install sabnzbd. I have it installed on my buster machines but I am trying to set up a bookworm machine (eventually rpi5b when it comes but using a rpi3b+ for now). Thanks!
--Steven

nelso...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2024, 2:31:24 PMJan 18
Followup to sabnzbdplus: I flashed a sd with 12-05-2023 full64 image from raspberry pi. installed unrar and sabnzbdplus without a problem. Flashed another sd with 12-05-2023 fukk 32 bit image. unbar isn't available. sabnzbdplus won't install due to unmet deopendencies, same as before. Why does 64bit work and 32bit does not work?
--Steve

nelso...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2024, 4:16:06 PMJan 18
Success. unrar and sabnzbd install easily using 64bit raspios, but not the 32bit version. Workaround is build unbar-nonfree (sudo apt build-dep unrar-nonfree ; sudo apt source -b unbar-nonfree ; sudo dpkg -I xxxxxxxx.deb (<--insert name of .deb file)) Resolve dependencies for sabnzbd using apt install --reinstall option. Then sudo apt install sabnzbdplus . Whew, now both 32bit and 64bit bookworm versions work.
--Steven

nelso...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2024, 4:18:21 PMJan 18
On Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 3:16:06 PM UTC-6, nelso...@gmail.com wrote:
> Success. unrar and sabnzbd install easily using 64bit raspios, but not the 32bit version. Workaround is build unbar-nonfree (sudo apt build-dep unrar-nonfree ; sudo apt source -b unbar-nonfree ; sudo dpkg -I xxxxxxxx.deb (<--insert name of .deb file)) Resolve dependencies for sabnzbd using apt install --reinstall option. Then sudo apt install sabnzbdplus . Whew, now both 32bit and 64bit bookworm versions work.
> --Steven
unbar is unrar. Spell-check is my nemesis.