Python Autostart (Pico)

F. W.

Nov 3, 2021, 3:40:45 AM11/3/21

(how) can I force the Pico to start my Python-program when connected?

FW (Python Beginner)

A. Dumas

Nov 3, 2021, 4:07:44 AM11/3/21
On 03-11-2021 08:40, F. W. wrote:
> (how) can I force the Pico to start my Python-program when connected?

By saving it on the Pico as "main.py", it will run after every reset.
Using Thonny is the simplest way of uploading/editing/renaming files on
the Pico.

To set that up, see from page 17 in
https://hackspace.raspberrypi.com/books/micropython-pico (free pdf
download from there) although maddingly, the "main.py" fact isn't
mentioned anywhere in that book. It is on page 29 of the Python SDK doc:
https://datasheets.raspberrypi.com/pico/raspberry-pi-pico-python-sdk.pdf

F. W.

Nov 3, 2021, 5:03:25 AM11/3/21
Am 03.11.2021 um 09:07 schrieb A. Dumas:

> By saving it on the Pico as "main.py", it will run after every reset.
> Using Thonny is the simplest way of uploading/editing/renaming files on
> the Pico.

Very simple. Very good. I thank you! :-)

FW