copy file to Psion

paul newman

Nov 18, 2003, 10:59:28 AM11/18/03
I've created a file in .dbf , When I try to send it to my MC218 it comes up
with the convert screen when I try to convert to Epoc DATA it comes up with
the screen
---------------------------
Problem copying file
---------------------------
There was a problem copying the file 'nmutest'.
The file could not be found.
---------------------------
Retry Cancel
---------------------------
Why does this come up when I know the File is on the hard Drive?.
This as just started today I've sent loads of files to the psion before.

--
P.Newman

---

Rowland McDonnell

Nov 24, 2003, 6:41:34 AM11/24/03
paul newman <pau...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> I've created a file in .dbf , When I try to send it to my MC218 it comes up
> with the convert screen when I try to convert to Epoc DATA it comes up with
> the screen
> ---------------------------
> Problem copying file
> ---------------------------
> There was a problem copying the file 'nmutest'.
> The file could not be found.
> ---------------------------
> Retry Cancel
> ---------------------------
> Why does this come up when I know the File is on the hard Drive?.
> This as just started today I've sent loads of files to the psion before.

No idea what the problem is - but have you considered running a disc
utility on the HDD concerned? Are permissions or security measures a
possible block? And recent configuration changes?

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland....@dog.physics.org
PGP pub key 0x62DCCA78 Sorry - the spam got to me

Nov 24, 2003, 1:50:50 PM11/24/03
Try a soft reset on your machine and then try again....

regards

"Rowland McDonnell" <real-addr...@flur.bltigibbet> wrote in message

paul newman

Nov 24, 2003, 7:12:18 PM11/24/03
how do you do a soft reset on the mc218
"B" <johnson...@planet.nl> wrote in message

---

Retired_Soon

Nov 25, 2003, 8:40:58 AM11/25/03
> how do you do a soft reset on the mc218
Same way as a 5mx. Push a unbent paper clip in the hole next to the back-up
battery. You will have to open the backup battery door first.

Richard

"paul newman" <pau...@btinternet.com> wrote in message