Psion 7 white screen

zeetha

Dec 16, 2003, 9:35:38 AM12/16/03
I've done some searching, but can't seem to come up with an answer to
this one.

I have a series 7 that worked fine up until today. It is password
protected, but now when I open the case/switch it on all I get is a
white screen - no text at all. I can change the screen contrast and
brightness but thats it. I've tried typing in my password and trying
to connect up to it via psiwin so I can backup my data, but it won't
connect. I'm guessing that it isn't even getting to the password
stage.

Any idea whether I can get round this, or should I just do a hard
reset and hope for the best?

Thanks,

Zeetha

PayMe

Dec 17, 2003, 7:23:09 PM12/17/03
Can't you do a soft reset first before going to extremes and doing a hard
reset?

Richard

"zeetha" <zee...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

zeetha

Jan 6, 2004, 9:57:13 AM1/6/04
Unforunately no keys or switches did anything except switch it off and
on, or change the screen brightness. In the end, I just did a hard
reset, and have everything stored on the PCMCIA card as the machine
seems to be slowly dying...

Thanks for responding though!