Psion and Windows XP

Pam Seeker

Sep 18, 2003, 7:07:05 AM9/18/03
I'm not very technologically savvy and I'm wondering if it is possible to
use the Psion conversion software with Windows XP?

It seems that the latest Windows version the software supported is Windows
98 and the software looks for some of these drivers when trying to install?
I still have Windows 98 running on a home computer but I'm getting a bit
worried about it's health.

I LOVE my Psion. Don't know how I'll live without it.

get-fuzzy

Sep 18, 2003, 7:40:05 AM9/18/03
Apparently as long as you have PSIWin 2.3.3 then you will be ok - certainly
I can vouch for win2k.

I am new to the Psion, but after using it - I have acquired one each for the
rest of the family (home pc is xp) so I will find out for sure then !

If you do get a replacement PC/Laptop - make sure it has a serial port (rare
on desktops not too have, but laptops tend not to have them)

"Pam Seeker" <seek...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Pam Seeker

Sep 18, 2003, 10:24:05 AM9/18/03
"get-fuzzy" <m...@here.com> wrote in message

> Apparently as long as you have PSIWin 2.3.3 then you will be ok -
certainly
> I can vouch for win2k.

I have PSIWin 2.3, not 2.3.3. Does anyone know if it possible to upgrade
the software?

> If you do get a replacement PC/Laptop - make sure it has a serial port
(rare
> on desktops not too have, but laptops tend not to have them)

Thank you for the tip!

Alan

Sep 18, 2003, 2:16:05 PM9/18/03
its possible to download the latest copy from www.psion.com you need to
register...

alan

"Pam Seeker" <seek...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Pam Seeker

Sep 18, 2003, 2:58:09 PM9/18/03

"Alan" <ago...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> its possible to download the latest copy from www.psion.com you need to
> register...

Thanks!

Alan

Sep 19, 2003, 5:49:51 PM9/19/03

"Pam Seeker" <seek...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

no problem

SR Dalton

Dec 15, 2003, 12:54:59 PM12/15/03
Since i acquired Windows XP on a Toshiba laptop with a diocking station i
have been unable to connect either my Psion 5mx or my Psion7 to my PC. I
have tried severasl times to ring Psion Technical Support but the telephone
number on the web site seems to have been discontinued. Does anybody know
the new number? I'm getting desperate!
Rik Dalton

"Alan" <ago...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

PayMe

Dec 15, 2003, 7:39:43 PM12/15/03
"1800 were not in business any more"... Seriously, Psion stopped making
consumer handhelds almost 3 years ago. It's understandable their support is
no longer available now.

Richard

"SR Dalton" <s.r.d...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

SR Dalton

Dec 18, 2003, 7:56:53 AM12/18/03
I understood that when they stopped making handhelds they said that customer
support would continue to be available.Maybe 3 years was too much to hope
for.
Rik Dalton
"PayMe" <na...@twenex.org> wrote in message

Dec 17, 2003, 2:29:03 PM12/17/03
Th main problems with laptops is that they love to use com ports that the
PsiWin 2.3.3 likes to use. Go into your device manager and go into ports
(com + ltp). How many ports do you show? You'll probably have one and that's
more than likely in use. This document will probably be good for
troubleshooting your problem. You might have to temporarily disable a modem
and then try again to connect. Are you using a serial connection or a USB to
serial converter option?

http://www.psion.com/mypsion/Helpguides/Troubleshooting%20PsiWin%202%20connections.pdf

regards