CF corruption

Michael Sandell

Sep 4, 2003, 6:43:17 AM9/4/03
Hi

I've recently started using CF with my psion5. Agenda freaked out last
night forcing the program to exit, and now the directory on the CF card
where the file is (was) is corrupt. Is there any way to recover? It
wasn't the only file in that directory, which is even more of a ****er.

I have tried reading the card under M$XP, and although it appeared to
copy the files over to the hard drive (they appeared in explorer on both
the cf device and the hard drive) when trying to access it (them)
windows just gives an error message.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
Mike.

Sep 4, 2003, 5:39:06 PM9/4/03
The only way to fix this problem is if you managed to do a backup of your
Psion and flashcard. If you have done so then you can restore only the
flashcard's information.

regards

"Michael Sandell" <mi...@cslin-gps.csunix.comp.leeds.ac.uk> wrote in message

Osaris Programmer

Sep 5, 2003, 5:42:53 AM9/5/03
You should use CheckDisk to repair this problem.

Michael Sandell

Sep 5, 2003, 8:08:25 AM9/5/03
Osaris Programmer <marc....@laposte.net> wrote:

> You should use CheckDisk to repair this problem.

Hmmm, yes, well part of my reactivated interest is my psion is setting up
linux on it, so does anyone know of a non-commercial method (epoc or
linux)?

Michael Sandell

Sep 5, 2003, 7:54:00 AM9/5/03
B <johnson...@planet.nl> wrote:

> The only way to fix this problem is if you managed to do a backup of your
> Psion and flashcard. If you have done so then you can restore only the
> flashcard's information.
>
> regards

Damn and blast it, 'cause of course the most recent backup is a couple
of weeks old... :-(

Ta anyway, M.