Am I the last OPL SIBO programmer in there?

Arch.

Mar 30, 2018, 10:12:26 AM3/30/18

Because of an old retrocomputed card Game I'm coding on Psion 3a/c/mx, I regularly visit this group to find out some good ideas from '96 to 98...

I was wondering if I am alone in that case...

Roderik

Apr 5, 2018, 3:45:39 AM4/5/18
Sad truth is that this group isn't as active anymore these days...

Arch.

Apr 9, 2018, 6:10:59 PM4/9/18
Hey, at least there's one reader, and it is not a piece of luck!
Thank you for this answer! :D

igor....@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 10:29:24 AM4/11/18
пʼятниця, 30 березня 2018 р. 17:12:26 UTC+3 користувач Arch. написав:
> Hi,
>
> Because of an old retrocomputed card Game I'm coding on Psion 3a/c/mx, I regularly visit this group to find out some good ideas from '96 to 98...
>
> I was wondering if I am alone in that case...

I subscribed to this group, and I developed applications with OPL, OVAL many years ago :)
Message has been deleted

Arch.

Apr 12, 2018, 8:11:03 PM4/12/18
Very good news, Igor: first, you also have read my message and second, you obviously know a lot about OPL programming. It might help me...

My work brews graphics, databases and AI rudiments. But being more a teacher than an informatician, for sure my software is a bit slow to write...

Arch.

Apr 12, 2018, 9:07:01 PM4/12/18
PS: thank you for your answer.

Simius Hugenot

Jul 28, 2020, 3:10:17 PM7/28/20
Il giorno venerdì 13 aprile 2018 alle 03:07:01 UTC+2 Arch. ha scritto:
> PS: thank you for your answer.

I use my Psion 3mx, 5Mx, and Netbook every day. The Psions are just too hard to beat.

Regards
SH

Roderik

Jul 30, 2020, 9:00:13 AM7/30/20
> I use my Psion 3mx, 5Mx, and Netbook every day. The Psions are just too hard to beat.

There was a time when I was so proud of owning an Ericsson MC218 (Rebadged 5MX).
...and the screen has matte places from all the times my kids played MilleBornes on it.

Today, I must confess, that was many years ago.
Ahead of it's time then, by now time has caught up and overtaken Psion :'-(

(Though even now, it is the only portable device that could be programmed on the device itself)

Sigh... Nostaliga isn't what it used to be