darrenls21

Jun 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/26/00
can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the 'C' compiler that runs on the
Psion 3 Series?

Arlin Collins

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
darrenls21 (darre...@netscapeonline.co.uk) wrote:
: can anyone tell me where i can get hold of
: the 'C' compiler that runs on the Psion 3 Series?

http://www.Itimpi.FreeServe.co.uk/index1.htm

Matthias Ihmig

Jun 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/27/00
to comp.sys.psi...@list.deja.com
Hi all!

>: can anyone tell me where i can get hold of
>: the 'C' compiler that runs on the Psion 3 Series?
>
> http://www.Itimpi.FreeServe.co.uk/index1.htm

I already downloaded the compiler. It seems to works,
but the library files are still missing.
They say they cannot be downloaded temporarily, but
i've been waiting for them for several months!

Can anyone supply us with perhaps an old version of
these libraries?

So long,
Matthias

------------------------------------
extract from the CPOC download-page:
CPOC Libraries

You will require libraries regardless of which version of the CPOC
binaries you decided to download if you want the ability to do more than
syntax check your
code. To avoid those who do not need (or have the space for) the
non-essential items the header files are split into a number of separate
downloads. You should get
all those that you are interested in using, but if you get all the Psion
specific ones you will find they occupy quite a bit of space once the
archives have been unpacked.

CPOC ANSI library (required by all versions) 45Kb (1st November
1997)
This file is temporarily unavailable while I am working on
clearing up problems reported by early users. I hope to make it
available again
in the near future
This is the basic set of libraries that are used to support the
ANSI C header files. All versions of CPOC will need this package to be
able to successfully build
programs that can actually run on the Psion.
Currently only the ANSI C library is available although other Psion
specific ones are expected to be available at a later date.

CPOC PLIB library 45Kb (1st November 1997)
This file is temporarily unavailable while I am working on
clearing up problems reported by early users. I hope to make it
available again
in the near future at the same time as the ANSI C library mentioned
above
This is a version of the LIBPLIB.A library that contains more
routines than is contained in that provided with the ANSI library. If
you want to use these
routines, then this library should replace the file of the same
name provide with the ANSI C library above.
------------------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

darrenls21

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
do you mean the standard libraries. that hold the standard functions such as
scanf?

Matthias Ihmig

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
to comp.sys.psi...@list.deja.com
Hi!

> do you mean the standard libraries. that hold the standard
> functions such as scanf?

Yes, not even these function work for me at the moment.
I hope that there also is a library which includes the
psion-specific functions (like menus, dialogs,
as well as the possibility to open the serial ports),
but I would be glad if at least some standard functions
would work (scanf, printf, getch, clrscr, ...)

Cu, Matthias!

darrenls21

Jun 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/30/00
Is it the libraries themselves that are missing or just the header files?
you could botch if the later case but sadly not the former. i wonder if the
libraries from a pc version might work.. im aware of the potential hazards
of platform differences but you never know.

Matthias Ihmig

Jul 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/2/00
to comp.sys.psi...@list.deja.com
> Is it the libraries themselves that are missing
> or just the header files?

The header files ARE supplied, but not the libraries
themselves :-(
Perhaps anyone on this newsgroup has an earlier version
of the missing libraries?

> i wonder if the libraries from a pc version might work..

The CPOC compiler uses exactly the same library even for
different platforms. So without these libraries it
is impossible to make programs for any of the supported
systems.

So long,
Matthias

Darren

Jul 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/9/00
no. i meant perhaps you could borrow the libraries from another compile and
see if they work. they probably won't due to platform differences, but you
never know.

Best of luck

"Matthias Ihmig" <m.i...@gmx.net> wrote in message

Terrence Vergauwen

Dec 16, 2020, 6:41:49 PM12/16/20
On Monday, June 26, 2000 at 7:00:00 PM UTC+12, darrenls21 wrote:
> can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the 'C' compiler that runs on the
> Psion 3 Series?

Hi,

My name is Terrence Vergauwen, and I am looking for the Psion SIBO C SDK for Psion Series 3 Palmtops (an SDK based on the TopSpeed C compiler)

When I was 15 years old I got a Psion 3a Palmtop PDA for christmas.
I used it every day, and after a few months and reading some books, I started developing programs for it in the included (but slow) OPL programming language.
I made a really nice 2D drawing program, with zooming in/out, printer support etc...

I recently acquired a few old Psion 3a and 3mx PDAs cheaply off ebay,
and as a hobby I'd like to start writing a new and much better version of my OPL drawing program.
Since I'm a 42 year old software developer now with C/C++ experience, I really need to develop this hobby project in C rather than OPL for performance reasons.

I've started looking all over the internet and doing many google searches to try to find a copy of the "Psion SIBO C SDK software development kit for writing C applications on Psion Series 3 "SIBO" machines...
But, i've not managed to find it, it seems to have dissapeared entirely from the world...

I noticed you asked the same question as me on a google forum a while ago, did you have any success in finding a copy ? if yes, could you provide it to me ?
Or, if you have any other information about it, please let me know...

Therefore, I'd like to ask you if you could help me, maybe you have developed Series 3 apps in the past in C and still have a copy of the Psion SIBO C SDK around...
If you could zip it up into an archive and send it to me, I will be eternally grateful. I'll happily pay you for your time via paypal.

Can you please reply to this email and let me know if there is anything you can do to get me the SDK,
or at least, the C .h headers and .o objects for psion SIBO C development on the platform, although the whole SDK would be best.
If you only have the topspeed C compiler (the C compiler that was part of the Psion SIBO C SDK), I could use that too, as I could try to find the Psion SIBO related headers and objects elsewhere (although i have not managed to find them and it seems they aren't out there anymore... :(

So, please, if you could help me, this is a very important hobby project for me,
and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me get the SDK or parts of it...

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message...

Terrence Vergauwen
Tel: ++64/(0)21.287.26.00
EMail: terrence....@gmail.com

Yours sincerely,
Terrence Vergauwen

Simius Hugenot

Jan 20, 2021, 3:42:20 PM1/20/21
Il giorno lunedì 26 giugno 2000 alle 09:00:00 UTC+2 darrenls21 ha scritto:
> can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the 'C' compiler that runs on the
> Psion 3 Series?

Hello Terrence,

Sure, I have the SIBO C SDK Compiler and the Topspeed Compiler.

Do you have a server which I can place the Zip files onto, as they are over 15Mb?

Regards
SH