Psion XP

Y Dangle

Apr 28, 2012, 4:12:55 AM4/28/12
I've resurrected my old Organiser II XP, which has been sitting in the
drawer for many years. A new battery brought it to life, it seems AOK except
that it won't switch off. If I press 'On' first to make sure it is in basic
mode, then either press 'O' or go to OFF and press 'EXE' , it goes blank for
a split second then comes back to the basic screen. This is without Data
Packs installed btw.

I tried doing a reset, it made no difference.

I hope this group is still read by fellow geeks!

Y.

Mike Coon

Apr 28, 2012, 4:55:51 AM4/28/12
Still read by this one! But I don't date back to the Organiser. On the other
hand I never got to the 5-Series. If anyone has one to give away I'd love to
try my ported programs that I have only ever seen on the emulator...

Mike.
--
If reply address is Mike@@mjcoon.+.com (invalid), remove spurious "@"
and substitute "plus" for +.

Y Dangle

Apr 29, 2012, 3:47:19 AM4/29/12

"Mike Coon" <Mike@@mjcoon.+.com> wrote in message
> Still read by this one! But I don't date back to the Organiser. On the
> other hand I never got to the 5-Series. If anyone has one to give away I'd
> love to try my ported programs that I have only ever seen on the
> emulator...
>
> Mike.
> --
> If reply address is Mike@@mjcoon.+.com (invalid), remove spurious "@"
> and substitute "plus" for +.

Well, thanks anyway. I have a 3a which needs a new button cell, I will find
one and try this too. I wrote a program back when for pointing a dish to a
satellite (called SAT still can be found on the internet) which I have on an
XP datapack, it works fine, I can't remember if I made it work on the 3a, I
suppose if I did it won't be on mine still as it has no datapack and I doubt
the 3a would retain a program with all batteries flat.

Message has been deleted