Emulator for Psion series 5

Andreas Dijkstra

Dec 29, 2000, 2:27:05 PM12/29/00

I'm searching for an emulator for windows for psion series 5 (not 5mx).

Regards,

Andreas Dijkstra

Justin King

Dec 29, 2000, 9:18:08 PM12/29/00
Here you go, it's even less than 5MB!!
http://www.sisirl.com/Downloads.html

Justin

Andreas Dijkstra <andreas....@freeler.nl> wrote in message

i...@achrn.demon.co.uk

Dec 30, 2000, 8:03:04 AM12/30/00
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 02:18:08 GMT, Justin King <justin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Here you go, it's even less than 5MB!!
> http://www.sisirl.com/Downloads.html

404 Not Found.

Do you know anywhere else, preferably that actually has the file rather
than just a claim to have it?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| Opinions expressed in this post are my own, and do
|o o| not reflect the views of Amos, my mbu puffer fish.
|/ \| (His view is that snails are very tasty.)
Caspar joins Amos on the web - http://www.achrn.demon.co.uk/caspar.html

Justin King

Dec 30, 2000, 10:34:58 AM12/30/00
Perhaps you should email them instead of being smart

<i...@achrn.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Alasdair Manson

Jan 2, 2001, 6:42:42 PM1/2/01
On 30 Dec 2000 13:03:04 GMT, i...@achrn.demon.co.uk () wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 02:18:08 GMT, Justin King <justin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Here you go, it's even less than 5MB!!
>> http://www.sisirl.com/Downloads.html
>
>404 Not Found.
>
>Do you know anywhere else, preferably that actually has the file rather
>than just a claim to have it?

Hello Justin

This link certainly seems to be broken - why not drop sisirl.com a
line and ask them to fix it rather than leaving a somewhat sarcastic
message for Justin who, after all, was the only person who tried to
help you?

see you

ali

i...@achrn.demon.co.uk

Jan 3, 2001, 1:42:58 PM1/3/01
On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 23:42:42 GMT, Alasdair Manson
<ali_m...@ns-yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 30 Dec 2000 13:03:04 GMT, i...@achrn.demon.co.uk () wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 02:18:08 GMT, Justin King <justin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Here you go, it's even less than 5MB!!
> >> http://www.sisirl.com/Downloads.html
> >
> >404 Not Found.
> >
> >Do you know anywhere else, preferably that actually has the file rather
> >than just a claim to have it?
>
> This link certainly seems to be broken - why not drop sisirl.com a
> line and ask them to fix it rather than leaving a somewhat sarcastic
> message for Justin who, after all, was the only person who tried to
> help you?

It was not intended to be sarcastic, there's no obvious web-master
address, and I've not yet had a response from the email I did try.

Do _you_ know anywhere else it might be found? I really would prefer
somewhere that actually had the file, as opposed to just a claim to have
it, and I'd think it's self-evident that it's not Justin's fault that the
sisirl web site is not internally coherent.

Ralf-Uwe Merl

Jan 3, 2001, 4:27:33 PM1/3/01
"Andreas Dijkstra" <andreas....@freeler.nl> schrieb:

> I'm searching for an emulator for windows for psion series 5 (not 5mx).

You'll get an series 5 emulator when you download the OPL-SDK from Symbian
(http://www.symbiandevnet.com/downloads/sdks/sdk.html).
But i don't know if it's an 5mx-emulator or not...

--
Regards

Ralf-Uwe Merl

Alasdair Manson

Jan 4, 2001, 11:46:11 AM1/4/01
On 3 Jan 2001 18:42:58 GMT, i...@achrn.demon.co.uk () wrote:

>Do _you_ know anywhere else it might be found?

Have you tried the Symbian website?

see you

ali

i...@achrn.demon.co.uk

Jan 4, 2001, 3:03:22 PM1/4/01

The only emulator I can find there is one in the sdk that is a sort of
5mx-plus. It quite happily runs OPL code that works on a 5mx but not on a
'plain' 5. I say 5mx-plus 'cos it has colour (though this can be turned
off) and slightly different behaviour in some apps. I guess (with no real
evidence) that internally it's really a 7 emulator that can be told to
use a 5-size screen?

At any rate, I have database operations OPL code that runs on a
freshly-installed copy of that emulator beautifully, runs on a 5MX
beautifully, and dies horribly on a 5. Not having a real 5, I wanted a 5
emulator to test my code on so the app I'm writing is not limited to a
5MX. At the moment, one 5 owner has downloaded it and is persevering with
the process of testing it for me, but it's oh-so-slow when there's a
48-hour turnaround as I adjust something, email him, he installs, it dies,
he emails back "now it fails with error ...."

Alasdair Manson

Jan 4, 2001, 4:32:14 PM1/4/01
On 4 Jan 2001 20:03:22 GMT, i...@achrn.demon.co.uk () wrote:

>The only emulator I can find there is one in the sdk that is a sort of
>5mx-plus.

Indeed - perhaps you should drop a line to the SymbianDevNet people
and see if they can help you out?

see you

ali

Sander van der Wal

Jan 4, 2001, 4:01:35 PM1/4/01

> On Thu, 04 Jan 2001, Alasdair Manson <ali_m...@ns-yahoo.com>
wrote:
> > On 3 Jan 2001 18:42:58 GMT, i...@achrn.demon.co.uk () wrote:
> >
> > >Do _you_ know anywhere else it might be found?
> >
> > Have you tried the Symbian website?
> At any rate, I have database operations OPL code that runs on a
> freshly-installed copy of that emulator beautifully, runs on a 5MX
> beautifully, and dies horribly on a 5. Not having a real 5, I
wanted a 5
> emulator to test my code on so the app I'm writing is not limited to
> 5MX.

You need the ER3 OPL SDK, as wellas the the ER5 one. That emulator can
emulate an Series 5 (and a Geofox)

--
Sander van der Wal

Download Pdf at www.mBrainSoftware.com

destined...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2019, 9:56:09 PM11/11/19
i was lost with no hope for my husband was cheating and had always got away with it because i did not know how or always too scared to pin anything on him. with the help a friend who recommended me to cyber wizard who help hack his phone, email, chat, sms and expose him for a cheater he is. I just want to say a big thank you to onlineha...@gmail.com or you can text him too +1 7174543841 too he understands how i felt and guided me every step. tell him from khole