Any chance of getting any Primos source for rev21 or beyond?

Andrew Marlow

Oct 24, 2021, 8:02:13 AM10/24/21
Hello fellow Primates,

AFAICS, Parametric, former owner of Prime Computer source code, are defunct. The ptc website exists but there is no mention of Prime or Primos. So I was wondering, does anyone know where one might obtain source code? The only source code I have seen, other than small utilities such as the Sheffield editor, is for rev19. I very want to get rev21, particularly the SPL code for the SIM commands. Any ideas?

-Andrew M.

Dennis Boone

Oct 24, 2021, 1:25:39 PM10/24/21
> The only source code I have seen, other than small utilities such as the
> Sheffield editor, is for rev19. I very want to get rev21, particularly
> the SPL code for the SIM commands.

Source code for layered products was not always available, and
definitely not included with the V tape stuff that quite a few sites
seem to have had. In this regard, I'm pretty sure DSM was treated like
a layered product. Layered product source was on the D tape.

I continue to hope that we can find some more tapes.

De

Daiyu Hurst

May 14, 2022, 12:44:54 AM5/14/22
There was a guy named Mike O'Rear who worked for Prime doing source maintenance, and he moved to Peritus
when CVSI spun-off that activity. But the last time I contacted him, he said the tapes in his possession "fell apart".

He lives in Tennessee, and he's on Facebook.

-Dai

Bill Gunshannon

May 19, 2022, 8:48:22 AM5/19/22
I would be happy with some 19.X sources as that was the level I worked
on sources for. Those were the days.

bill

Dennis Boone

May 23, 2022, 9:30:51 AM5/23/22
> I would be happy with some 19.X sources as that was the level I worked
> on sources for. Those were the days.

The captive 19.2 stuff is substantial.

De

Daiyu Hurst

May 26, 2022, 10:58:52 PM5/26/22
On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 8:48:22 AM UTC-4, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> I would be happy with some 19.X sources as that was the level I worked
> on sources for. Those were the days.

Bill, here is a ZIP file on my Google Drive you can download. The binary files on it will be worthless, but anything
that was in Prime-ASCII has been converted to standard ASCII and can be viewed with Notepad or almost any other
PC-based program that can open text files (although they do not have .TXT extensions),

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Y766i3idaFD1ve535dVJ94tq0PIgyIf/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!
-Dai