Software from the old Pr1me days.

bill

Jul 16, 2023, 10:35:04 AM7/16/23

Many moons ago when I was the maintainer for a bunch of 850's
we had a lot of cool software. Wondering if any of this has
survived.

Anyone remember an editor called Edv?
How about the RIM Database?

Anybody still have the source for either of these?

There was much more but a lot of it was proprietary so I know it
can't still be available. Like all the stuff from U Sheffield.
They had an editor and a couple of compilers.

I guess the big question would be has the source for any of the
third party stuff for Primes survived?

bill

Dennis Boone

Jul 16, 2023, 10:31:42 PM7/16/23
> There was much more but a lot of it was proprietary so I know it
> can't still be available. Like all the stuff from U Sheffield.
> They had an editor and a couple of compilers.

A few versions of the Sheffield editor and Pascal compiler exist in
source form. Two versions of the editor in binary form exist and
work. Building the editor would require a binary copy of their
Pascal compiler. Building their compiler from source would be a bit
of a project, since iirc it's self hosted. (The Prime compiler is
available.)

https://sysovl.info/downloads_prime_sheffield.html

De