[ANN] TargetOS MBX860 Board Support Package now available from www.embeddedtools.net -- Downloadable demo available now ! :-)

Louis Meadows

Apr 12, 2003, 12:33:11 PM4/12/03
MBX860 Board Support Package
Download now - TargetOS demo for 40 MHz MBX860

Download now - TargetOS demo for 50 MHz MBX860

Features include:

Drivers and initialization routines for hosting TargetOSTM, Blunk
Microsystems' full-featured royalty-free real time operating system, on
Motorola's MBX860 single board computer.
Interrupt-driven and polled-mode UART driver for the MPC860's SMC1 channel
supports the stream I/O routines (printf(), scanf(), etc.) in the TargetOS
Standard C library. Baud rate, parity, flow control mode, and number of stop
bits are programmable.
Periodic tick interrupt driver supports the task sleeps and service call
timeouts provided by TargetOS. The default tick interrupt frequency is 100
times a second.
Time-of-Day clock driver supports the time-related functions in the TargetOS
Standard C library. The time-of-day and date can be set by application
programs or by the TargetOS boot menu.
NVRAM driver stores configuration parameters such as startup mode, baud
rate, and IP address in the MBX860's battery-backed SRAM. Configuration
parameters are assigned default values and can be modified using the
TargetOS boot menu.
MPC860 general-purpose timer driver allows applications to generate one-shot
and periodic interrupts with microsecond resolution. User callback functions
are installed as the timer interrupt handlers.
Ethernet driver for the MPC860's SCC1 channel supports TargetTCPTM, Blunk
Microsystems' royalty-free TCP/IP stack and allows networked applications.
Flash programmer allows boot program updates as an option in the TargetOS
boot menu. Upon request, an S-record file is downloaded over the serial port
and installed in the MBX860's 8-bit boot flash.
Flash file system driver for the MBX860's 4/8 MBs of 32-bit flash memory
supports TargetFFSTM, Blunk Microsystems' royalty-free flash file system.
TargetFFS provides a POSIX and Standard C compliant API and provides
guaranteed file system integrity across unexpected shutdowns.
SCC drivers (HDLC, UART, BISYNC, etc.) are available for the MBX860's COMM
interface, including HDLC driver support for TargetLAPBTM, Blunk
Microsystems' royalty-free ISO/IEC 7776 compliant LAPB protocol stack.
TargetLAPB provides a low-overhead protocol for reliably exchanging data on
a point-to-point connection.
Initialization and configuration of the MBX860's PCI bus
High performance, DMA mode, driver for the MBX860's IDE interface
Integrated with CodeWarriorTM, the development environment from Metrowerks
with an integrated source level debugger, compiler, assembler, linker,
editor, and GUI make tool.
Royalty free. Includes full ANSI C source code, default compiler settings,
linker command files, user's manual, and one year of technical support.

Louis Meadows (LouisM...@EmbeddedTools.net )

Embedded Tools Network (www.EmbeddedTools.net )

46 Front Street - Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 247 1222
We develop, market and support deeply embedded development solutions for
embedded platforms. Specifically, we ship hardware and software tools for
Linux, Windows, and a large range of embedded microprocessors.

In 2001 Embedded Tools Network was founded, became an independently
operating distributor of high quality Deeply Embedded Tools.
Embedded Tools Network cross-platform hardware/software tools support
assembly, C, C++, GNU, Background Debug Mode (BDM) & JTAG. GNU is used by
more than million developers in 80 countries to create platforms and
applications for both desktop and embedded systems from a single, Public
Development Environment (PDE).

Visit www.embeddedtools.net for more information on GNU compilers, debuggers
and hardware debug assist for embedded!

==========
Inside Sales - sa...@EmbeddedTools.Net (831) 426 1944
FAE - Thomas : sup...@EmbeddedTools.Net
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Wyatt Earp

David J Edgar

Apr 13, 2003, 8:12:30 AM4/13/03
to alt.computer.consultants, comp.arch.embedded, comp.realtime, comp.sys.powerpc, comp.sys.powerpc.misc, comp.sys.powerpc.tech
"Louis Meadows" <loui...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

What a stupid thing to do - 6 messages in 6 news groups - we could all
advertise our stuff like this but know better not to!

--
David J Edgar
Cedaryacht Limited

tim

Apr 13, 2003, 10:51:55 AM4/13/03

"David J Edgar" <da...@cd-yacht.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Louis Meadows" <loui...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

<snip unnecessary advert>

> What a stupid thing to do - 6 messages in 6 news groups - we could all

6!!!? I got 15

Tim