is anyone using wireless networking card with Jornada 820 (HP pocket-pc palmheld)?

Mike Levin

Dec 27, 2002, 10:54:27 PM12/27/02
Hi All -

I am using an HP Jornada 820 (runs Windows CE on a Armstrong processor). I
have just been given a Linksys wireless networking card (802.11 wifi) which
is in the form of a FlashMemory card. It is supposed to be for WinCe
devices; does anyone know if this will work with my Jornada, and if not,
does anyone have any suggestions about alternative products? Does anyone
have a Jornada 820 successfully connecting to their home wireless network?
Thanks in advance for any help!! Please cc: any postings to
mlev...@attbi.com.

Mike Levin

ROC

Dec 28, 2002, 3:20:42 PM12/28/02

FWIW, I run Cisco 340 and Xircom CE1120 (rebadged Cisco 340, same in
MOST respects, but not for LEAP authentication I have to use at work) CF
cards in a Jornada 680 (SH3 based). Cisco provides WinCE drivers from
their website (working with my CE 2.11 version that came on the 680,
and I believe it will support newer versions for the StrongARM, but do
check on their site to be sure).

They work great in that as well as in regular Windoze (98 SE, 2000)
laptops, although I have to tell WinCE to use the Cisco aironet.dll file
as a driver for the Xircom each time it starts that up, and that works
fine for home (WEP 40/64), and other "generic" (no WEP) sites such as a
local coffee house with WiFi for its patrons, just not with Cisco's LEAP
authentication which apparently looks for a firmware "signature" as does
the Linux Cisco driver I have tried -- both refuse to treat the Xircom
as the Cisco it is underneath, as more "standard" Windows drivers will.

HTH
--
Rory O'Connor -
r o o c o n n

ROC

Jan 5, 2003, 9:33:40 PM1/5/03
ROC wrote:
> Mike Levin wrote:
>
>> Hi All -
>>
>> I am using an HP Jornada 820 (runs Windows CE on a Armstrong
>> processor). I
>> have just been given a Linksys wireless networking card (802.11 wifi)
>> which
>> is in the form of a FlashMemory card. It is supposed to be for WinCe
>> devices; does anyone know if this will work with my Jornada, and if not,
>> does anyone have any suggestions about alternative products? Does anyone
>> have a Jornada 820 successfully connecting to their home wireless
>> network?
>> Thanks in advance for any help!! Please cc: any postings to
>> mlev...@attbi.com.
>>
>> Mike Levin
>>

> FWIW, I run Cisco 340 and Xircom CE1120 (rebadged Cisco 340, same in
> MOST respects, but not for LEAP authentication I have to use at work) CF

OOPS! Make that PC Cards (PCMCIA), not CF cards!