Is this place dead?

CS

Jun 3, 2007, 1:21:28 PM6/3/07
No posts since January. Not a good sign.

I finally got my hands on a Fujitsu P1510D for about $1000. It's a huge
leap from the older pen-only tablets, and they were outstanding. It's a
convertible, with a keyboard and screen that fold into a pen tablet that's
smaller than either the LT 500 or the Stylistic 3400. The keyboard is a bit
small, but still usable, even with my large hands.

Unfortunately, they use a 1.8" hard drive and weird micro-dimm memory, so
upgrading is going to be somewhat of an expensive pain, at least for now.
Hopefully, with the increasing market for UMPC's, which usually use the same
hardware, parts will be easier to come by.

No PCMCIA slot, just a compact flash and SD card slot. Still, you can do a
lot with those. I use a compact flash Bluetooth adapter, which connects to
the cell phone for internet, mouse, GPS, and whatever else runs on
Bluetooth. Perhaps an internal Bluetooth upgrade is possible.

Now it's time to sell my other pen computers. Not sure whether I'll put
them on Craigslist or Ebay, but first I'll try selling them to neighbors and
friends.

CS