Fujitsu Stylistic 500 - Kurta Pen

John Rollins

Jun 18, 2004, 6:55:08 PM6/18/04

Has anyone tried to use a Kurta cordless pen with the Fujitsu
Stylistic?
My Kurta pen is recognized by bios, but button functions are erratic.
When I use the Kurta Drivers under W95, the pen tracks correctly, but
tends to act like a mouse with the left button held down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

William F. Adams

Jun 18, 2004, 9:43:29 PM6/18/04
Hmm, I recall having seen E-Bay auctions where Kurta pens were sold and
specifically mentioned as being compatible with Stylistic 500s.

Do you have a fresh battery? (for the pen?)

Is the Stylistic known to work with a pen at all? (That is, are you sure the
digitizer isn't broken)

William

--
William Adams
http://members.aol.com/willadams

John Rollins

Jun 19, 2004, 10:43:24 PM6/19/04
will...@aol.com (William F. Adams) wrote in message news:<20040618214329...@mb-m18.aol.com>...

> Hmm, I recall having seen E-Bay auctions where Kurta pens were sold and
> specifically mentioned as being compatible with Stylistic 500s.
>
> Do you have a fresh battery? (for the pen?)
>
> Is the Stylistic known to work with a pen at all? (That is, are you sure the
> digitizer isn't broken)
>
> William

Hi,

Err..that was me:) I was misinformed by someone who tried the pen
with a Sytlistic. I subsequently purchased a pair of Stylists so I
could test for myself. The pen was compatible in the bios setup screen
but erratic in the Windows environment. I'm just wondering if someone
had solved what seems to be
a driver problem.

Thanks,
John

William F. Adams

Jun 20, 2004, 12:16:44 PM6/20/04
Hmm, the problem here would probably be that the pen is able to provide a range
of pressure inputs, while the Stylistic is expecting a binary yes, no, on, off,
press, not press.

Perhaps it could be finessed by putting in a less springy spring or pressing
harder?

Walter

Jun 20, 2004, 4:40:28 PM6/20/04
In my experience, I have found the following pens work on a St500.

Fujitsu Stylistic compatible pens:
- All seem to be manufactured by Kurta and use three 393 button
batteries.
- Dauphin DTR1/DTR2 pen has right button and fits ST500 the stylus
garage, (but not in 1000,1200,2300). (FCC ID:DMAKCP3)
- Telxon (electro-magnetic) NO right button, fits in the stylus
garage of all Stylistics.
- Kurta based pen tablets -
Appoint Giliffic (FCC ID:IDHGLIF100) came with a Pen and two-button
Mouse (FCC ID:IDHGLIF200)
Kurta Dabbler (Model:Penmouse) (FCC ID:DMA-9216)