HELP: Toshiba Libretto 50CT - Can't Get Into CMOS/Setup

DomiKnoW

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
I can't figure out how to get into the CMOS/Setup on this thing. Can't
find anything in the manual, or on Toshiba's website that tells how(?)
Have tried F1, F2, F10, Ctrl-Alt-Esc and DELete.. none seem to work.
Can someone help me? Or can't I get in there to change the CMOS
clock.

The unit is stuck in SLEEP mode (battery went dead while still in
Windows95 and it won't do anything but lockup whenever I turn it on.
(Suspect the power-saving settings need to be turned off in SETUP(?)

Thanks for any advise...SG

DomiKnoW

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
I can't get this damn thing out of "sleep mode".. every time I drain
the battery, then add ac power, try to start it up, it tries to
recover from hibernation, then locks up (after the little graphic
routine finishes).. then it locks up. I thought maybe getting into
CMOS/Setup would allow me to disable any power saving features and
maybe free the darn thing up so that it will boot into windows. I've
tried the Escape key hundreds of time, I've tried sticking a paperclip
into the pinhole (reset), I've tried removing all power (both a/c and
battery for over a day). Nothing seems to work. I think it was still
IN windows when the battery died and the darn thing keeps trying to
recover... I don't know what else to do????

SG

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:04:17 +0000, "T. Stadler"
<t.stadler@no_spam.ic.ac.uk> wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes

>On my 70CT I press ESC on boot until it prompts me
>to press F1 (I think, I haven't had to access CMOS
>for a long time ;-) ).
>

>Thomas

Derek Johnston

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 05:37:18 GMT, Domi...@ix.netcom.com (DomiKnoW)
wrote:

>I can't get this damn thing out of "sleep mode".. every time I drain
>the battery, then add ac power, try to start it up, it tries to
>recover from hibernation, then locks up (after the little graphic
>routine finishes).. then it locks up. I thought maybe getting into
>CMOS/Setup would allow me to disable any power saving features and
>maybe free the darn thing up so that it will boot into windows. I've
>tried the Escape key hundreds of time, I've tried sticking a paperclip
>into the pinhole (reset), I've tried removing all power (both a/c and
>battery for over a day). Nothing seems to work. I think it was still
>IN windows when the battery died and the darn thing keeps trying to
>recover... I don't know what else to do????
>
>SG

The BIOS is flash-upgradeable via floppy. Try re-flashing it. I have
gone from 6.3 back to 6.2 on my L70 so I could use a larger hard
drive. It might get you out of your hole!

Regards

Derek Johnston

Steven J. Ege

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Try the following key combos:

CTRL-ALT-INS
CTRL-ALT-S
CTRL-F1
CTRL-ESC

Hope this helps somewhat.

--
"If you have to ask, then you're not cleared to know."

tanma...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2015, 7:14:53 PM9/7/15
nobody fixed this problem? i have the same problem.

hiddenb...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2015, 4:34:07 AM10/21/15
On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 1:14:53 AM UTC+2, tanma...@gmail.com wrote:
> nobody fixed this problem? i have the same problem.

Just keep holding Escape when switching it on. Then a message like "keyboard error, press F1 to enter setup" should appear. Then you press F1. YOu can also try "hammering" F1 like madwhen powering it on.