WANTED: HandBook 486

Jose Gurin

Dec 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/11/95

I'm looking for a Gateway HandBook 486 computer. any info will be greatly
apprecited. please contact me via email: jo...@cnct.com

Jose/Matrix

Sashank Varma

Dec 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/16/95

Call Gateway's outlet store at (605)357-1001. They have a few
refurbished 486 Handbooks left. The salesman told me that by
refurbished, they meant used less than 30 days by the original
owner.

Here are the specs he gave me over the phone:

486SX, 33 Mhz processor
4 MB RAM, 250 MB HD
External 3.5 inch drive
Leather case
Built-in modem (I don't recall the speed)
Serial, parallel (& video?) ports
1 Type II slot
Built-in pointing device (I don't recall which variety)
VGA monochrome screen
2.2 lbs
9.75x5.9x1.6 inches

$675 plus $25 shipping charge plus tax

All in all a pretty amazing deal. I didn't order one because
I don't have the dough, but if I did...

Ask for Alex. He was kind enough to provide these details to
me over the phone, and late, about a week ago.

Sashank