Re: Osama Found Hanged

Unknown

Jul 22, 2004, 2:39:44 PM7/22/04
I think you will have egg on your face 24 hours from now. It is now 2:30pm
eastern time, and none
of the cable-news networks have mentioned anything about this. (I'm
hard-pressed to believe that
the cable-news people are remaining silent waiting for the Bush-wacker to
tell them it's ok to
talk about this. ;^) )

Also, you could find BETTER forums than these to post info about Osama.
Finally, cross-posting this kind of info into multiple
newsgroups is NOT considered good etiquette.

(But, expecting good etiquette from a college-student
is probably MY mistake.)

My 2-cents...

Dave

<maxja...@columbia.edu> wrote in message
> Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday
evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have
included here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to
Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released
some early photos over the internet..
> http://www.theparadise.x-y.net/OsamaFoundDead.zip

bob

Jul 22, 2004, 3:14:56 PM7/22/04
in article rtydnakTMrF...@comcast.com, David Cook at who wants to
know? wrote on 22/7/04 19:39:

I checked the file on my Apple Mac and found that the zipped file was a
virus! it's a Trojan file called :-

the BackDoor-AZV.gen trojan

So whatever you do guys donšt load it on you PC!!!!

Regards

Bob
Somewhere in Scotland
--
To reply please remove the Capitals ANTI-SPAM-ANTI-SPAM from my email
address.

David A. Desrosiers

Jul 22, 2004, 6:53:10 PM7/22/04
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:14:56 +0100, bob wrote:

> I checked the file on my Apple Mac and found that the zipped file was a
> virus! it's a Trojan file called :-
>
> the BackDoor-AZV.gen trojan

Check your antivirus, its wrong. This is Trojan.Hackarmy.Q, not
BackDoor-AZV.gen.

$ clamscan Osama\ Dead.exe
Osama Dead.exe: Trojan.Hackarmy.Q FOUND

Jul 23, 2004, 2:49:59 AM7/23/04
in article pan.2004.07.22....@gnu-designs.com, David A.
Desrosiers at hac...@gnu-designs.com wrote on 22/7/04 23:53:

Well I was only going by what VIREX said which is from McAfee which is a
reliable source. The fact that it found it (who is to say your anti virus
isnt wrong!McAfee notes over 80,000 threats yours seems to have only 22838)
is the main point here, at least people get the message that there is
something up with the file and they should be carefull

For reference

http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp

regards

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Jul 23, 2004, 8:50:19 AM7/23/04

<URL:mailto:David Cook@.MISSING-HOST-NAME.> wrote:

> (But, expecting good etiquette from a college-student
> is probably MY mistake.)

Ahem, etiquette you say? . .