Submit print job programmatically

Mike

Jul 27, 2004, 6:20:00 PM7/27/04
I am trying to automate a print queue system. Users can upload a file
via a web page to a folder on my server, and I then want that file to
automatically print out to a networked print queue that I have
installed on my server. It needs to be done this way as the users do
not have access to my printers. Can this be done? Thanks.

www.JimWilliamson.net

Jul 27, 2004, 10:58:13 PM7/27/04
mi...@mikeshore.com (Mike) wrote:

If a Windows app would be possible for this project here's an option:

-snippets from the help file-
"It is possible to let PrintFile act as a print spooler, watching a
specified directory for files. Whenever a file appears in this directory it
is automatically printed and then deleted. This can e.g. be used to
dedicate a PC running PrintFile to act as a print server for a network.
Clients can then use ftp or LAN-manager services to send their files to the
dedicated PrintFile spool directory. When the files arrive they will be
printed automatically. When this function is activated no error dialogs
will be displayed. Instead all error and warning messages will be sent to a
log file in the Windows directory named PrFile.log unless the /l qualifier
is used on the command line. This file contains time stamped messages."

"PrintFile is a freeware utility program that will enable you to print
files fast and easily. The program recognizes plain text, PostScript,
Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) and binary formats. "

"PrintFile; Version 2.1.3; Copyright 1996-1998 by Peter Lerup. All rights
reserved"

For your convenience I've placed it in the temp file on my web server:
http://www.jimwilliamson.net/temp
printfile21-32.zip

Hope it works for you
Jim