Server Screen strange - Virus??

John Whitehorn

Mar 17, 1994, 9:27:49 AM3/17/94
We have a v3.11 Novell Server that is behaving in a strange way. When ever I go
to it via RCONSOLE, I get various characters on the screen displayed as full
blocks (various colours) these and other characters disappearing and then
reappearing, this even shows up when I load monitor. But if I use the server
itself, the effect if not as bad, it only displays strange things in scroll mode,
and then the blocks stay put, and in monitor all is correct, no problems?

Has anyone seen the like? the other 40+ servers on campus are all OK!

John
| J.T. Whitehorn | Phone +44 602 513392 |
| Cripps Computing Centre | Fax +44 602 513358 |
| University of Nottingham | Email address: CCZ...@NOTTINGHAM.AC.UK |
| University Park |---------------------------------------------------|
| Nottingham | Dum di dum di dum di dum |
| NG7 2RD | Dum di dum di dum dum |
| UK | Dum di dum di dum di dum |
| | Dum di diddle di dum |

Fons en Willem

Mar 18, 1994, 1:15:21 PM3/18/94
In article <2m9pd5$4...@unicorn.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>,

John Whitehorn <ccz...@unicorn.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
>We have a v3.11 Novell Server that is behaving in a strange way. When ever I go
>to it via RCONSOLE, I get various characters on the screen displayed as full
>blocks (various colours) these and other characters disappearing and then
>reappearing, this even shows up when I load monitor. But if I use the server
>itself, the effect if not as bad, it only displays strange things in scroll mode,
>and then the blocks stay put, and in monitor all is correct, no problems?
>
>Has anyone seen the like? the other 40+ servers on campus are all OK!
I think the problem is in your VGA card, I know some
pc's which don't display problems if characters are written one at a time,
but if whole blocks are written at once, strange colors/characters show up.

> John

willem