Advice needed trying to install NS3.3 on NeXTstation Color

Michael Bramley

Jun 10, 2001, 7:28:06 AM6/10/01
Can anybody help

I'm trying to install NS 3.3 on my NeXTstation, typing bfd in the rom
monitor, it searches for the CD drive, tried 2, a Yamaha 4416SX CD/RW, and
an Apple CD 600. After it loads mach off the cd It comes up with a screen
giving information of which devices it's found connected, sd0 being scsi
id:1, sd1 being scsi id:4.

After this list it says that the root device is mounted read only and the
file system checks have been skipped, it then displays a date? And then just
waits there.

Does anybody know what the answer is to this?

I've also tried 3 different hard drives, set to various id's.

Thanks

Shawn

Jun 21, 2001, 10:11:59 PM6/21/01
Michael Bramley <br...@mac.com> wrote in message news:<B7491856.142D%br...@mac.com>...
Is your rom 3.3(v74) if so then you should be able to boot using your cd.
Goto ---------------------------------> http://www.channelu.com/Turbo/NeXT/