Can't Boot ColorStation 25/NS 3.3

Jay

Nov 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/1/97

I am sure there is a quick and easy way to fix this...but I am at a loss.
I am using (Black Hardware) a NeXT ColorStation 25 running NeXTStep 3.3.
I have my Linux box acting as a NFS server for the NeXT station (both on a
local 192.168.x.x network). My problem is that (stupid me :) I decided to
do some 'tinkering' with the network settings on the NeXT, and now it will
not boot at all. It just hangs at the "Starting YP Services" portion of
boot-up. Is there a way to by-pass networking during boot-up so that I
can correct the problem? Thanks...

~Jay

- J a y J a c o b s o n
- -----------------------
- Network Engineer, ISP -- 602.303.9500 -- 888.Good.Net
- j...@good.net -- www.goodnet.com/~nin

Philippe Robert

Nov 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/3/97

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95.971101161706.24443B-100000@goodguy>, Jay <n...@goodnet.com> writes:

> I am sure there is a quick and easy way to fix this...but I am at a loss.
> I am using (Black Hardware) a NeXT ColorStation 25 running NeXTStep 3.3.
> I have my Linux box acting as a NFS server for the NeXT station (both on a
> local 192.168.x.x network). My problem is that (stupid me :) I decided to
> do some 'tinkering' with the network settings on the NeXT, and now it will
> not boot at all. It just hangs at the "Starting YP Services" portion of
> boot-up. Is there a way to by-pass networking during boot-up so that I
> can correct the problem? Thanks...

Boot the machine 'local', and then, make the changes....

sweet dreams, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert - CS Student @ University of Bern
Webmaster of the NiCE - Swiss NeXT User Group