#4: what kind of keyboard for NeXTstation?

George Fowler

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99

Greetings!

I acquired a bunch of old NeXT equipment (see NeXT posting #1 for list),
including two NeXTstation units. I hope to get one or both of them
working. However, there is only one keyboard. Can anyone tell me what kind
of keyboard I can buy as a substitute if both units turn out to be usable?
The connector looks pretty familiar, maybe some standard in the PC world?
(I'm strictly a Mac person.)

Thanks!

George Fowler
gfo...@indiana.edu

David Evans

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99
In article <gfowler-1709...@as5304-p106.dialin.iupui.edu>,

George Fowler <gfo...@indiana.edu> wrote:
>However, there is only one keyboard. Can anyone tell me what kind
>of keyboard I can buy as a substitute if both units turn out to be usable?
>The connector looks pretty familiar, maybe some standard in the PC world?
>(I'm strictly a Mac person.)

If they're non-ADB (and by the sounds of it you'd recognise an ADB port)
then the only thing that will work is a NeXT keyboard.

--
David Evans (NeXTMail/MIME OK) dfe...@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/