POP3 Server for Rhapsody/OpenStep

Punisher

Dec 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/13/97

I'm running Rhapsody DR1 (BSD 4.4) on a Power Macintosh 8500/150.

I have SMTP activated using the sendmail command, but have been unable to
enable POP3 for users of the system. I cannon find the popd command in
this build. Everything seems complete with this exception. I even got
the Apache web server up and running without a hitch.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The Punisher

By sending unsolicited email to this address, you aggree to pay the owner of the account $1000 per incident, $25000 for each subsequent incident.

Andrew Welch

Dec 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/22/97

In article <*punisher-131...@async14.ts-b-caps1.caps.maine.edu>,
*puni...@enterprise.umecit.maine.edu* (Punisher) wrote:

> I'm running Rhapsody DR1 (BSD 4.4) on a Power Macintosh 8500/150.
>
> I have SMTP activated using the sendmail command, but have been unable to
> enable POP3 for users of the system. I cannon find the popd command in
> this build. Everything seems complete with this exception. I even got
> the Apache web server up and running without a hitch.

Check out qpopper, I compiled and installed is successfully under OpenStep 4.2:

ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/qpopper2.4.tar.Z

| Andrew Welch | Ambrosia Software, Inc. |
| Thaumaturgist | http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/ |