Setting up an Exabyte 4200c Rev 235?

Karl Lherisson

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
I need some help setting up an Exabyte EXB-4200c Rev 235 4mm tape drive on a
Black NeXTstation Color Turbo running NeXTstep 3.3?

First are there any hardware configuration files i need to modify?

Secondly,

I am trying a local dump using the following paramaters

dump 0 / f /dev/rst0

It appears to access the tape drive but it never works correctly. What am I
doing wrong?

ka...@northstar.com

Antoine Gautier

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
%
% First are there any hardware configuration files i need to modify?
%
% Secondly,
%
% I am trying a local dump using the following paramaters
%
% dump 0 / f /dev/rst0
%
% It appears to access the tape drive but it never works correctly. What am
% doing wrong?
%
% ka...@northstar.com

There is something special about exagyte tape lentgh, I use
dump 0uns 1200000
Can't remember where I found that, I guess librarian or nextanswers will
tell you. Also, exabyte is /dev/(n)rxt0.

Cheers,

---- Antoine Gautier