Q: Problems Installing 3.1

Rosvita Dolstra

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

Hi, there,
I can't find a setup group, so here goes...
I'm trying to install Version 3.1 of NEXTSTEP, and am getting to following
errors while booting from the install floppy:
pcpointer probe - mouseinit failure
(found floppy)
SMC16 - not linked
SMC16 - couldn't find class
EtherExpress - not linked
EtherExpress - couldn't find class
No CD-ROM found
use SD%d, hd%d, fd%d

Any suggestions ?
The CD-ROM is a TEAC CD-524E, and works fine under NT, 95 and Warp
I dont have SCSI or Ethernet
64MB RAM
Thanks for any help.
(^_^)

Matthew Seaman

Dec 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/4/97

In <65trt0$qf0$1...@news.mistral.co.uk> "Rosvita Dolstra" wrote:
> I'm trying to install Version 3.1 of NEXTSTEP

and later:

> I dont have SCSI

There's the problem. You can't install NeXTStep 3.1 on a non-SCSI system.
The earliest version that would support EIDE/ATAPI was NS 3.3, and even then
you need to down load the improved drivers from NeXTanswers.

Cheers,

Matthew

[Posted and mailed]

--
Certe, Toto, sentio nos in Kansate nin iam adesse.

Matthew Seaman P&L Systems, 12 The Broadway, Amersham, Bucks., HP7 0HP, UK
Tel: +44 1494 432422 Fax: +44 1494 432478