Dual Ethernet

Message has been deleted

Ivan Leung

Nov 22, 1994, 12:10:09 PM11/22/94
In article <zrudedog-171...@rudedog.slip.crl.com> zrud...@aol.com (Rich Neiswonger) writes:

Is there any availability of multiple network interfaces for Nextstep?
Specifically I am look to add a second Ethernet to an Intel machine.

I have 2 Ethernet cards installed on my Intel -- one of them being
Intel Ether Express and the other 3Com Etherlink III. Configuration
was easy, all I had to do was to run Configure.app to add a second
interface. In my case, the reason to put 2 Ethernet cards on one
host is not to route packets between 2 LANs. The 1st card is tied
to our Corporate backbone, which handles NFS, FTP ... network traffic.
The 2nd card is connected to a seperate network dedicated to handle
broadcast real-time financial market data. NEXTSTEP has been running
under this configuration for over 2 months and so far I haven't
noticed any problem.

-- Ivan Leung

Ivan Leung Fulcrum, BTO, Salomon Brothers
iv...@fulcrum.sbi.com