Installing NeXT Step on VMWARE

gerard....@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2006, 11:19:20 AM3/17/06
Has anyone ever tried installed NeXT step on vmware? I know you can
install it on VPC which makes me thinks that VMWare should be possible.

Reason for asking is that I have a box of NeXT Step for Intel but not
hardware to install it on.

Anyone?

He...@koplien.de

Mar 17, 2006, 12:08:26 PM3/17/06
to gerard....@gmail.com
In <1142612360....@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>

YES.

But I have the stuff running with Virtual PC from MS, this is more
convenient, because everything works, including sound.

Henry

snail mail : Henry Koplien \|/
From the Center of Nowhere o(O O)o
---- eMail : He...@NiKo-Internetpraesenz.de ----ooOo---(_)---oOoo-----

Pascal Bourguignon

Mar 17, 2006, 2:51:44 PM3/17/06
gerard....@gmail.com writes:

There's an HOWTO.
http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/search?q=nextstep+vmware+installing

"Debugging? Klingons do not debug! Our software does not coddle the
weak."

Andreas Berger

Mar 20, 2006, 4:08:13 PM3/20/06
gerard....@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried installed NeXT step on vmware?

I have succesfully installed Openstep4.2 on vMWare 4.5 but
i have the jumping mouspointer issue.