Internet Movie Database June update

Tom Sheppard

Jun 2, 2001, 6:25:04 PM6/2/01
Greetings PDA and movie buffs,

This announcement is for Newton and Palm users as well as those PDAs that can
use a web browser (Psions, Pocket PCs, etc.)

-----
The June 2001 updates for the Newton ebooks are now available:

All data is current as of 2001-06-01.

The ebooks with movies from the last 24 months and last 16 weeks are
updated. These books are updated weekly (check Mondays) but I announce only
once a month.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Newton.html>

-----
For Palm users, there have been no changes to the PQA, just some minor bug
fixes to the server. I encourage users to report any bugs they find since I
don't own a Palm or live in a wireless coverage area so I don't get much
chance to see how things are working out.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Palm.html>

It's 5 months to the day that the IMDb folks said they'd be providing their
own web site for handhelds. If you're wondering why I'm not adding new
features and am just maintaining the server, that's one of the reasons why.
Let's hope they finish up soon.

The IMDb PQA made it to the Cannes film festival! I'm still waiting for some
rich movie mogul to find the tool indispensable and fund further
development, or at least give me a bit part in the next Terminator 3 movie.
<http://us.imdb.com/Title?0181852>

-----
For Web users, the changes to the server above also apply to web queries.

<http://www.magma.ca/~sheppard/IMDb/Web/>

I've tried the web interface on a Blackberry and a cell phone.
The cell phone was too slow and with too small of a display to be remotely
useful.
The Blackberry has a bug in rendering its checkboxes such that the checkbox
actually becomes the name of the links pop-up menu option. Sheesh! It's also
stupifyingly slow.

Enjoy,

...Tom

--
Remove "SpamMeNot." if you wish to reply by email.