Help - 2100 died !

Michael McHugh

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00

I was happily using my 2100 earlier today. An hour later, I picked it up
again and it appears to be absolutely dead - power switch does nothing,
pressing reset does nothing ... help !

Is there a decent repair place in Toronto, Canada, that I can take it to if I
need to ?

TIA

Mike McHugh

Tara Wheeler

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
In article <slrn8gcd6l....@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca>,
vic...@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca wrote:

> Once upon a time, Michael McHugh <michael...@sympatico.ca> scribbled:

Whoa there.

Have you tried all your Hail Mary saves yet?

Take out all cards, plug in your AC power line and let it sit an hour or two.

Pull the start switch down and hold it down.

If nothing happens, let go of that and hold in the reset switch on the back.

Try different combinations of the above up to and including holding them
both in at the same time before you ship it off somewhere.

Hope this helps.

--
Tara Wheeler

Wheeler Woolworks
www.wwworks.com

Victor Rehorst

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
Once upon a time, Michael McHugh <michael...@sympatico.ca> scribbled:
>Hi,
>
>I was happily using my 2100 earlier today. An hour later, I picked it up
>again and it appears to be absolutely dead - power switch does nothing,
>pressing reset does nothing ... help !
>
>Is there a decent repair place in Toronto, Canada, that I can take it to if I
>need to ?

Heh - funny you should mention that, I just wrote a doc on how to get repairs
from Apple Canada. It's on the new host of Newton Resources, which isn't
quite ready yet, but here you go anyways:

http://www.chuma.org/newton/docs/apple-canada-repair.shtml

--
------Victor Rehorst - vic...@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | ch...@bemail.org------
-Secretary, College of Arts and CPES Student Councils, University of Guelph-

Michael McHugh

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Thanks for the info on how to contact Apple Canada, Victor - very useful
indeed !

Tara, thanks for your suggestions too, but I had tried them already !

I just hope that it can be fixed, though I wish I knew what caused this to
happen ...

Thanks again,

Mike