MP 2100 no long has sound

1 view

Mr_Underhill

Mar 23, 2003, 5:59:05 PM3/23/03
I've a Newton MessagePad 2100 (upgraded 2000) that has ceased to produce
sound. I've double checked the Sound Preferences and I've even resorted to
"hard resetting" the computer. Any ideas? I'm reluctant to open the unit to
check for physical damage. It has been plugged in and unused for quite a few
weeks.

TIA

Mr. Underhill

Apr 1, 2003, 12:50:51 AM4/1/03
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:59:05 -0500, Mr_Underhill wrote
(in message <0001HW.BAA3A669...@news.tn.comcast.giganews.com>):

I opened the MP2000 tonight. I didn't take it completely apart. I just took
the back cover off and looked for loose wires or connectors. I didn't see
any, but I "wiggled" all of them to make sure. I put the Newton back
together, put the battery in, answered No to the hard reset. And voilá!
I've sound again. I guess there was a loose connection.

Thanks