newton stream

pnemonic

Jun 20, 2010, 9:13:03 AM6/20/10
I am writing a comm. library for Newton MesasgePad.
I am trying to implement the Dock Command 'cgfn' (call global
function).
The documentation says:
'cgfn'
length
function name symbol
args array

But when I try this. I get error -48006 (Object stream has unknown
format version).
I have tried to replace "args array" with 0, with Nil, with empty
PlainArray, with empty Array, with empty Frame, with Frame {'numArgs:
0}

I cannot even see anybody else that has implemented this command
(RDCL, DCL). And Google search turns up nothing.

Bryan N Iotti

Sep 2, 2010, 4:01:38 PM9/2/10

I might be late in saying this, but you should join the NewtonTalk
newsletter and post your question there.

http://www.newtontalk.net

Bryan