Announcement: MP3 Player for Waba for the Newton

Sean Luke

Apr 1, 2001, 1:11:38 PM4/1/01
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sean Luke, Paul Guyot, Roger Milne, Avi Drissman, and Steve Weyer proudly
announce the release of the Newton port of JavaJukebox, an MP3 encoder and
decoder for Waba on the Newton MessagePad.

"People kept saying they wanted one, so I figured what the heck," Sean was
reported saying. JavaJukebox is an open-source Java-based MP3
encoder/decoder available elsewhere. Sean did most of the port over the
last month with the help of Paul and Roger. Avi and Steve helped fiinish
up the remaining stub functions.

JavaJukebox can play most common MP3 encodings, including variable-bitrate
encodings. It's also fast enough to run, barely, on even the
lowest-powered NewtOS 2.0 machine. JavaJukebox can also encode existing
Newton recordings into a much more compact MP3 format, which can be
exported to the PC or Mac via Sloup or BinHexer.

Download JavaJukebox at http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/newton/ and be
mindful of the date today.

Sean Luke

Grzegorz Janiszewski

Apr 1, 2001, 4:50:26 PM4/1/01
Yes with pleasure but you must give a chance. Please put a link on your www
page.

Grzegorz

Użytkownik Sean Luke <se...@jifsan.cs.umd.edu> w wiadomości do grup
dyskusyjnych napisał:9a7nga$6cm$1...@cronkite.cs.umd.edu...

Oliver Brose

Apr 1, 2001, 6:03:21 PM4/1/01
Im Beitrag <9a854n$eb2$1...@sunsite.icm.edu.pl> , "Grzegorz Janiszewski"
<in...@metrum.com.pl> schrieb:

> Yes with pleasure but you must give a chance. Please put a link on your www
> page.

http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/newton/

Don't miss it, it's fabulous!

Oliver ;)

--
PRINZESSIN MONONOKE AB 19.4. IM KINO!

Bob O'Shaughnessy

Apr 1, 2001, 9:23:54 PM4/1/01

Quick, someone submit this to Slashdot. They bought NewtQuake!

In article <9a7nga$6cm$1...@cronkite.cs.umd.edu>,
Sean Luke <se...@jifsan.cs.umd.edu> wrote:

--
Bob O'Shaughnessy
bob...@spamcop.net

Dan Duncan

Apr 1, 2001, 10:30:37 PM4/1/01
Sean Luke <se...@jifsan.cs.umd.edu> wrote:
> JavaJukebox can play most common MP3 encodings, including variable-bitrate
> encodings. It's also fast enough to run, barely, on even the
> lowest-powered NewtOS 2.0 machine. JavaJukebox can also encode existing
> Newton recordings into a much more compact MP3 format, which can be
> exported to the PC or Mac via Sloup or BinHexer.

So why not actually write this now that you've teased us?
Obviously it wouldn't run on a 2.0 machine (not enough
horsepower to decode mp3 in real time) but a 2x00 is
certainly capable of it.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) spam...@frottage.com http://pcisys.net/~dand
# You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Tim

Apr 2, 2001, 1:06:44 AM4/2/01
Great and I told all my friends and relatives.

;)

Tim

"Sean Luke" <se...@jifsan.cs.umd.edu> wrote in message

Greg Goodwin

Apr 3, 2001, 8:25:54 AM4/3/01
FamilyNet Newsgate

Alright... alright...

FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail
http://www.fmlynet.org

Marcus Hilderbrand

Apr 11, 2001, 11:49:26 PM4/11/01
Ooooooh GRRRRRRRRRRRR man was I waiting for that release TEASING sucks!
RELEASE IT! man if u need testers for it I'll test it man do people yern for
this!

Teasing Newt Lovers

SUCKS!

"Greg Goodwin" <Greg.Goodwi...@fmlynet.org> wrote in message