NCR 3170 & MS-DOS 6.0 Conflict

Greg Bandy

Apr 2, 1993, 10:03:15 AM4/2/93
Subject: NCR 3170 & MS-DOS 6.0 Conflict
Date: Fri Apr 02 10:21:22 1993

NCR Corporation
____________________________________INTRA CORPORATION

From: Greg Bandy
Location: Richmond, VA

To: NCR 3170 Users

Has anyone else out there tried to upgrade their 3170 to DOS 6.0? I encountered
the following problem.

After a successful install, I couldn't get my A: drive to work. Whenever I
tried to access it, I got an error message about an "Invalid drive switch", or
something to that effect (Sorry I can't be more specific).

Anyway, I called Microsoft Technical Support, and we wound up commenting out the
following standard line in the CONFIG.SYS file:

DEVICE=C:\SSL25\DRIVERS\FD82365.SYS

This file makes the PCMCIA slot appear as a disk drive, if I'm not mistaken.
After a reboot, my A: drive worked fine.

Can anyone out there tell me what the solution to this problem is? I don't use
the PCMCIA right now, so it's not a crippling problem for me, but it does need
to be addressed.

Thanks,
Greg

KP2 KP2