Need NCR Unix Commands to AddUser and Get all User details

kiranh...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2006, 5:20:37 AM9/20/06
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me to get the command by which I can add a user
and a command by which i get all user details ?

Is there any client for NCR Unix by which I can perform these
operations?
Is there in Java program by which I can perform these operations?

Regards,
Kiran Hiremath

0xDEADABE

Oct 3, 2006, 12:26:30 PM10/3/06
kiranh...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone please help me to get the command by which I can add a user
> and a command by which i get all user details ?

I would look at the "useradd" command. As far as getting user details,
I don't know of anything except for using grep against /etc/passwd and
/etc/shadow to get user details. From there, you need to know what the
explicit fields mean. The system adminstration books can tell you from
there.

> Is there any client for NCR Unix by which I can perform these
> operations?
> Is there in Java program by which I can perform these operations?

I have used Webmin on NCR in the past, telling it to use the profile for
UnixWare 2.

As far as Java goes, I don't think there is a JRE that runs on NCR

> Regards,
> Kiran Hiremath

Lexington_Browns

Oct 17, 2008, 9:31:53 PM10/17/08
sysadm is the command for the screens that allow you to do some system
administration. They are somewhat limited but they do work for what you are
trying to do.

"0xDEADABE" <no...@nowhere.net> wrote in message