Philips 8255 v 8250

Graham Prout

Aug 30, 2009, 3:51:03 PM8/30/09
Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2 msx2 machines above.

Whats involved in turning an 8250 into a plus?

Graham

Eric Boon

Aug 31, 2009, 4:08:17 AM8/31/09
Graham Prout wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2 msx2 machines above.

The '50 has one disk drive, the '55 has two. That's all.

> Whats involved in turning an 8250 into a plus?

V9958 and 2+ system ROMs. Or, if you *really* want the full 2+,
you'd need to find a way to build in a complete FM-PAC ;-)
For a lot of games and demo's, however, just exchanging the VDP
is enough.

Cheers,
Eric

LawandaVelasquez20