MipsIT Studio

Martin Gerner

Apr 17, 2006, 3:07:07 PM4/17/06
Ok, the activity here doesn't exactly seem to be staggering, but with a bit
of luck..

I'm very new to MIPS, and is currently programming assembler in MipsIT
Studio 2000. I'm having problems compiling, though - if I just make a
project with a single .s file in it and try to compile it, the compiler
gives the error

"Compiling...
gauss.s
xgcc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

Compile failed".

I have not changed the configuration of the program, and there are no extra
arguments for xgcc specified. Any idea? should I post the code?

/Martin Gerner

Message has been deleted

Martin Gerner

Apr 17, 2006, 10:30:02 PM4/17/06
August West <aug...@kororaa.com> wrote in

>> xgcc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations
>

> No. You should read the error message, and simply remove the -c option
> from the compile command.

Believe me, I would have if I could :)
MipsIT Studio doesn't exactly seem to be a superquality program, and as far
as I've found, there is no way to change the compiler command. (in that
regard at least - I could add extra flags if I wanted)

I've simply tried to compile it manually of course, but I get a whole load
of errors that shouldn't be errors, so I suspect that I don't use the
correct syntax when compiling. The compiler won't give any information
about they syntax, though.

Martin Gerner

Apr 22, 2006, 3:44:58 PM4/22/06
Martin Gerner <martin...@nospam.com> wrote in

> "Compiling...
> gauss.s
> xgcc.exe: cannot specify -o with -c and multiple compilations

I found the error. My MipsIT directory was located under C:\Program Files
\MipsIT.

Apparently, it cannot handle spaces in the folder structure. Wey. Fix: Move
MipsIT to the drive root.

--
Martin Gerner