problems getting a mac mini

Bong Hit Eric

Mar 16, 2005, 8:39:34 AM3/16/05
(copy of e-mail sent to apple)

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find below the saga, in chronological order, I have been though
attempting to procure a Mac Mini.

06/02 - decided to switch to Mac before Technical school starts. Ease of
use, coupled with the death of my PC made the decision easy.

11/02 - Placed order for CTO 1.25 mini with 80 gig H/D with Infinite
systems, Mac Reseller in Brisbane. Infinite systems Order number 11100868,
Web order Number W51533406. I paid a Deposit of $300. I was informed of a
delivery date of 2 - 3 weeks, which means I would have it before Technical
School comes back (however receipt gives printed delivery date of 18/02).

25/02 - went to reseller to find out if my mini was available. I was
informed it was not. I than asked if I could than get an off the shelf mini.
Initially this request was approved, than declined when they realized they
didn't have any education priced models. I was also informed by a supervisor
that I can not cancel my order as it is just for me and I would lose my
deposit. Being a student I could not afford that.

I was than offered a loan Mini. This offer was also subsequently withdrawn.
I than paid a further $300 of my mini, leaving a balance of $190.

11/03 - paid balance, with assurances that the item will be in "early next
week. Check back Monday"

14/03 - attend shop, told to check back Wednesday the 16/03.

15/03 - I got sick of waiting, so I contacted shop to get order number so I
can trace with Apple. Order number (eventually) provided. I call apple and
am told that no built to order minis will be coming into the country until
next month. I ask about canceling the order with apple and am told that it
can not be done.

16/03 - infinite have agreed to a refund of the purchase price of this
product.

Although apple have confirmed to me that there are no mini's coming to
Australia until next month a quick check of there websore at
www.apple.com.au shows they are still listing a 1-2 week delivery time

Due to this saga, a switcher and potential mac evangelist has been made sour
on your product. please note copies of this e-mail will be distributed to
Apple America, Not good enough.org, appletalk.com.au, whirlpool.net.au, and
any other person/website/media organization i see fit.