Mouse Help

1 view

Mark Harris

Mar 5, 2005, 6:17:40 PM3/5/05
Maybe somebody can help with this oddball problem i'm having with my Mac:

Sometimes after waking up the computer, the mouse is frozen. Everything
else is responsive, but the mouse just won't do anything. Restarting
solves the problem, but who wants to do that on a regular basis?
Switching to another USB port doesn't seem to do anything, either.

I did once get an error message saying something about the USB port
drawing too much power, but i only saw a message like that once.

I'm using a Logitech 2 button optical mouse with scroll wheel, and am
running OS X 10.3.8.

Thanks for any help.

Mark

SKYlark

Mar 5, 2005, 11:36:25 PM3/5/05
halo. i'm running OS 9.2, but i sometimes experience the same problem as
you have been having and i'm using exactly the same mouse as you.

i have discovered, that if ANYTHING is even vaguely touching your space bar
or almost any other key, but particularly the space bar OR if the mouse
cable is laying against the number pad (i'm using the extended kb), then the
mouse will not do anything. also, i use a kb condom when i'm not doing
straight typing and at times, without me knowing it, the condom sometimes is
folded or doubled up against a certain key...and that, too, will prevent the
mouse from operating in the manner it should.

whatever else you do, mark, NEVER go to logitech and ask their
assistance...they'll not only give you the run-around, but they will also
give misinformation...all that and you'd have to leave them your REAL email
address!!

if you expected an answer from anyone, why DIDN'T you leave your real email
address? shirley you didn't think you'd get spam? and if that IS what you
thought, why don't you just open another email account at your isp and use
that for newsgroup hopping???

i use MY real email address!!!!!!

good luck.

p.s. you may want to check your kb and make sure there's no evaporated
substance UNDER the keys which may lead to one of the keys sticking....like
my backstep delete button....it's down and it won't come back up (sigh).

Mark Harris

Mar 6, 2005, 7:42:51 AM3/6/05
Thanks for the help. I'll look into that. Sorry if the fake e-mail
bothers you (or anyone else.)