OS 9 font in OS X

DJ Craig

Mar 22, 2005, 7:31:23 AM3/22/05
I'm trying to add the OS 9 font "New York" to OS X (since it doesn't
seem to exist anymore on OS X). I found the FFIL file for the font on
OS 9 (/System Folder/Fonts/New York), and then tried to get OS X's Font

Book application to add it to it's list of fonts. But it won't accept
the font file, even though Font Book shows up as the default
application for the FFIL file. How can I get OS X to use this font?
Or is there some other way I can get New York font for OS X?
I tried copying the New York FFIL file into /Library/Fonts, and as soon

as I drag it in there, it stays for a second, and then just disappears
(??). So I tried copying it using terminal, and then it let me do it,
but it came out as a "Unix Executable File" with the icon that looks
like a command prompt. And the font still doesn't show up in Font Book

or any of my applications.

Chris

Mar 22, 2005, 10:04:47 PM3/22/05
In article <1111494683....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"DJ Craig" <sp...@djtricities.com> wrote:

Sounds as though you have a corrupted font file. I had no problem
adding it just now.

Steve

Mar 22, 2005, 1:09:19 PM3/22/05
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 4:31:23 -0800, DJ Craig wrote
(in message <1111494683....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

There are plenty of font companies on the web. I would look to buy the OS X
font type you want. You can get free fonts, but these are more likely to be
garbage in some way. A poorly built font, or bad conversion from a different
format, for example. Why risk putting garbage into such an important area of
your OS?

Steve