Keyboard shortcut for right click

Kiran

Mar 10, 2005, 5:44:34 PM3/10/05
Is there any way i can assing a function key (say f12) to do a right
click instead of control-click in Mac OS X Panther?

Thanks
Kiran

Steve Mills

Mar 10, 2005, 11:43:46 PM3/10/05
In article <1110494674.8...@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Kiran" <mask...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there any way i can assing a function key (say f12) to do a right
>click instead of control-click in Mac OS X Panther?

I seriously doubt it, since most things that use right-click (like
contextual menus) will attempt to track the mouse and mouse button,
which is totally unrelated to tracking a key. The best you could do
might be to use something like QuicKeys to trigger a right-click, but
you'd still have to move the mouse to select items in a contextual menu
(or use the keyboard to select menu items).

--
Steve Mills
Mac geek, drummer

Axel Hammerschmidt

Mar 11, 2005, 10:50:12 AM3/11/05
Kiran <mask...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there any way i can assing a function key (say f12) to do a right
> click instead of control-click in Mac OS X Panther?

I'm curious as to why you want to do this. Are you left-handed? The Ctrl
key does seem to be better placed for right-handed- and F12 for
left-handed persons when using a mouse or the track pad.

DJ Craig

Mar 15, 2005, 1:26:15 PM3/15/05
If it's possible to change it, it's probably in one of the .plist
files. Go to /Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences and then you can
open them with Property List Editor. But I'm not sure which one it
would be in, if it's there.

Dave

Mar 27, 2005, 9:27:49 AM3/27/05
Go to www.keyboardmaestero.com and get Keyboard Maestro. It will allow
you to emulate almost anything involving a keyboard with a macro. It's
fully functional for free, but if you don't pay the $20 for it it will
occasionally suggest that you do. (Though I haven't had it long enough
to get that message yet.