Mounting a FAT32 Volume

Grant

Mar 5, 2005, 2:16:54 PM3/5/05
Hello,

I have a 60gb Western Digital HD formatted for FAT32 that I need some
data off of. I plugged it into my Quicksilver, but upon bootup OSX tells
me that it has detected an unknown volume and asks if I want to
initialise it, ignore it, or eject it.

Is their any software out there that will let me mount this volume? I
tried VirtualPC 7 but no luck. I think it can only mount it's virtual
drives.

Grant

Shawn Hearn

Mar 13, 2005, 11:13:47 PM3/13/05
In article <GAnWd.75723$uc.6050@trnddc04>,
Grant <nO_SpAM...@yehoo.com> wrote:

Which OS X version are you running? With Panther and the latest updates,
the disk should mount fine.

Grant

Mar 29, 2005, 9:23:40 PM3/29/05

I am using 10.3.8 and I finally did manage to get it mounted, but in a
roundabout sort of way. No matter what I try it still will not automount
but at least I can access the data. What I did is this:

$cd Desktop
$mkdir pcdisk
$sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 pcdisk

enter my password, relaunch Finder and viola..I can get to the disk via
the pcdisk folder or it's own hard drive icon it puts on my desktop. It
will stay there until I reboot, and then I have to do it again.

Grant