[NEWS] Updated Mac Book Air models

Your Name

May 1, 2014, 12:13:05 AM5/1/14

For those who don't already know, Apple has quietly updated the Mac
Book Air 11" and 13" models with slightly faster CPUs and they now have
lower pricetags (in America anyway, maybe not everywhere else).

There are also reportedly some of the older 2013 (and even 2012) models
on Apple's Refurbished store.

Alan Browne

May 1, 2014, 5:39:01 PM5/1/14
On 2014.05.01, 00:13 , Your Name wrote:
> There are also reportedly some of the older 2013 (and even 2012) models
> on Apple's Refurbished store.

I may be in the market for an MBA soon and I'd go for an Apple refurb.
But the available models at this time aren't exactly what I want (13",
i5, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM). I might opt for an i7, but the other
parameters have to stick.

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

Message has been deleted

Alan Browne

May 2, 2014, 5:46:42 PM5/2/14
On 2014.05.02, 13:50 , Lewis wrote:
> In message <v_2dnf2tAdluI__O...@giganews.com>
> Alan Browne <alan....@FreelunchVideotron.ca> wrote:
>> On 2014.05.01, 00:13 , Your Name wrote:
>>> There are also reportedly some of the older 2013 (and even 2012) models
>>> on Apple's Refurbished store.
>
>> I may be in the market for an MBA soon and I'd go for an Apple refurb.
>> But the available models at this time aren't exactly what I want (13",
>> i5, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM). I might opt for an i7, but the other
>> parameters have to stick.
>
> You can put an i7 in a Mac Book Air.

That's why I said above I might opt for one. But it would overkill for
that need. (Travel, spreadsheets, word, presentations, e-mail, etc.).
No "heavy lifting". (Too bad the i5 in the MBA is not the hyper
threading version - that would strike the right balances).