First Wish For HC

Pierce T. Wetter

Aug 26, 1987, 4:18:41 AM8/26/87
HyperCard is VERY neat. Needs one tiny thing though. It needs a built
in icon editor.
How 'bout it? Anyone got a icon editor lying around they'd like to add to
HyperCard?
Pierce Wetter
Hlade's Law:
If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person -- they
will find an easier way to do it.

wet...@tybalt.caltech.edu

Tony Jacobs

Aug 26, 1987, 11:30:53 AM8/26/87
In article <37...@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> wet...@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Pierce T. Wetter) writes:
>HyperCard is VERY neat. Needs one tiny thing though. It needs a built
>in icon editor.

Somewhere there is a DA that will let you select an icon sized portion of the
screen and turn it into a real icon. All you need is this and fat bits in
HyperCard.

j. chris cooley

Aug 26, 1987, 3:07:37 PM8/26/87
In article <48...@utah-cs.UUCP>, t-ja...@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
> Somewhere there is a DA that will let you select an icon sized portion of the
> screen and turn it into a real icon. All you need is this and fat bits in
> HyperCard.

McSink DA, available from Sumex (I got it from comp.binaries.mac) allows
something like this. You move an icon-sized rect around on the screen and
click when you get to what you want "ICONized." Well, actually it turns
what is in the rectangle into hex codes. I guess then you could stuffhex
or something after that.

Regardless, all editing in McSink is done in the clipboard, so anything
"hex"ed can be pasted just about anywhere.

--chris

Tim Maroney

Sep 3, 1987, 7:05:55 AM9/3/87
It should be possible to use the magic hooks to make a card that will run
ResEdit's icon editing code resource.
--
Tim Maroney, {ihnp4,sun,well,ptsfa,lll-crg,frog}!hoptoad!tim (uucp)
hoptoad!tim@lll-crg (arpa)