eMail Filing Question

PLB

Apr 4, 2005, 9:23:22 AM4/4/05
All,

I am new to to using the Mac OS X eMail client. I would like to be
able ot move various eMail messages from the eMail client and store
them in the Documents folder located in the Finder. I do not appear to
be able to do this via a drag and drop. Can you help me understand how
I might be able to make such moves.

I want to make such moves so that I can have eMails as well as other
forms of documentation stored in a common location.

Thanks for the help.

Tom Stiller

Apr 4, 2005, 9:36:42 AM4/4/05
In article <1112621002.6...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"PLB" <sbr...@cox.net> wrote:

> All,
>
> I am new to to using the Mac OS X eMail client. I would like to be
> able ot move various eMail messages from the eMail client and store
> them in the Documents folder located in the Finder. I do not appear to
> be able to do this via a drag and drop. Can you help me understand how
> I might be able to make such moves.

Probably the easiest way is to use the "Archive Messages" script which
is contained in the package of free "Mail Scripts" available through
VersionTracker.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF

Matthew Lybanon

Apr 4, 2005, 11:54:15 AM4/4/05
in article 1112621002.6...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, PLB at
sbr...@cox.net wrote on 4/4/05 8:23 AM:

The Save As... option under the File menu will allow you to store messages
where you want them. It isn't as slick a solution as the one Tom Stiller
came up with, but it is simple and doesn't require you to get any new
software.